Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thing #1

Thing #1

o Which habit(s) may be most challenging for you to employ as part of your Learning 2.0 experience? o Which habit(s) will be easiest, or are most resonant for you as a lifelong learner? o Which habit do you think will be most important for you as you work through this course, and why?

Thing #1
Yay! I am a competent, effective learner! Here I am again using Writeboard to gather my thoughts for my first blog on my new blog “Notes from the Chalkboard”

I began and began again while trying to put my thoughts down about the above questions. I finally decided that ONE habit basically answers each of the three questions.

Habit #6 (Use technology to your advantage) of the 7 1/2 Habits of Successful Lifelong Learners is the one habit that, for me, answers all three of the questions posed to us in Thing #1.

It is THE most important habit to employ during this course because that is exactly what this course is all about. I must overcome any fears of attempting new Web 2.0 tools in order to learn how to use them successfully and efficiently in my classroom. I use technology to my advantage on a daily basis and will continue to do so (as I have already) while making my way through this “23 things” journey. Of course along the way it will be easiest to employ Habit 7 1/2 (Play), and in the end I can’t wait to teach all of my new “skills” to my students (Habit 7).

No comments:

Post a Comment