Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thing #2

Thing #2

So here I am trying out Writeboard for the first time and am already so excited about the possibilities of using it as a Web 2.0 tool in my class to motivate some of my more reluctant writers in my fourth grade classes. How great for my students to be able to type in a composition and be able to have their peers go in to their work and revise and edit with them, and then be able to see their progress throughout the whole writing process. Very exciting! I am looking forward to this tool being one of my “3” tools that I begin to implement this year in my classroom. (I’m beginning to think I will be using more than just 3!)

Web 2.0…wow, I can’t wait to learn more about the “23 things” that can be used now that I am over my initial fear of “Can I handle this?” and “Will I be able to implement these tools efficiently?” Imagine the excitement of our students in our classrooms who already so fearlessly live in this time of technology. We might as well dive in…our students are waving us in from the deep end.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea to use Writeboard for the reluctant writers; I'm going to share that idea with others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of writeboard before this class. It is so cool. I love your idea of using it for fourth grade writing. The students will love it!

    ReplyDelete