Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thing #7

Commenting

I am a "lurker"! I admit that I enjoy reading blogs and comments of others, but when it comes to me sharing a comment...no way! I read this blog and some of the comments helped me to realize just how important commenting is. Already during this class, so many blogs have been beneficial to me, and in the "real world" what do I normally do when someone helps me? Say "thank you" and explain why and how they helped me. I suppose I can start there with my comments and then just maybe begin to express my own opinions and thoughts on certain topics within the blogs I read.

I'm off to some commenting...

I'm back from reading and commenting and realized how addictive it was to comment on others' blog postings. I began to find myself reading the blogs of other people who had left comments and wanting to comment on their blogs as well. Blogging truly is a network of "conversations" (and learning).

2 comments:

  1. I must admit, I felt very uncomfortable at the idea of having to comment on other peoples blogs. I like to read other peoples blogs, but that is usually where it ends. I may have my opinion about what I have read, but I usually don't share it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a problem leaving a comment at all. If I find it interesting, I like to let the person know that it caught my interest and why. I don't always leave comments though. If ya don't really have something to say, why take up space and time - other than what the blog said that you mentioned about etiquette. So how about now - are you leaving more comments??

    ReplyDelete