Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing #7a

Google Reader

I have been following the blog of John Schinker from Taste of Tech because of my love of travel, teaching, and working with people in different cultures. This particular post resonated with me. The following is a quote from his blog,
"Despite all of this, there are some surprises. Many of the people working in the townships have very nice cars, for example. Cars are a status symbol more important than housing. Those who have some wealth show it through the cars they park outside their meager dwellings. Cell phones are also very common. Electricity may be spotty (though it is generally available). Practically no one has a computer at home. But they all have cell phones. And most of the people are remarkably happy. In general, they’re more optimistic, cheerful, and hopeful than most North Americans I’ve been around."
That last sentence encourages me to work even harder to inspire others and to be a ray of optimism, cheer and hope.


I've been completing the class using a netbook with a 5x7 screen because my laptop fizzled out a few weeks ago. It's funny that while reading through the articles in my Google Reader, I learned something to help me out with my problem of struggling with reading the text on this tiny screen. This article taught me to use Ctrl + to increase the text size on websites. This is probably something I should have already known, but I've just never had the need for it in this age of gargantuan monitors.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, good! So glad you found such a practical tool to use (Ctrl +).

    ReplyDelete