Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thing #6

Google Reader

After cleaning out the 500-600 blogs, articles, and podcasts from my feeder (yes, overwhelming!), I have really enjoyed having my Google reader set up and can't wait to continue using it! I found a few interesting things that I may not have heard about if I had not begun using my Google reader.

The first two articles were"presidential" related items. The first was an article about George W. Bush and a "prized possession" from his term in office that may be included as an artifact in the Presidential Library at SMU. It was pretty interesting how the article described how he was so proud of this particular item. What a huge part of history.
The next "presidential" article caught my attention as a new mother struggling to balance work and family life. I think it did a great job describing the same battles being fought among the workers in The White House.

The next two items that caught my attention gave me ideas for lessons in my classroom. I teach 4th grade writing and want to learn more about Kidswrite which is what this article described. This blog led me to lessons on using Google search effectivley.

Then just for fun (and because I am a reality t.v. junkie) I found an article about the new show "NYC Prep". I've not watched this program and probably won't thanks to this article.

I've been checking my Google reader everyday and it does seem to get easier to steer away from trying to read everything!

I did set up a news search within my reader for "LSU", my alma mater, but haven't found anything that struck a chord with me...yet!

1 comment:

  1. I, too, became overwhelmed with my reader. You just have to weed out those feeds that you don't really care to have.

    ReplyDelete