Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thing #18

YouTube

The video about the creation of YouTube was interesting. I love to hear the stories of how ideas begin and emerge as international success. What's even more amazing is that the creators didn't even make it the success that it is, we the people have!

I found a video on Lattice Multiplication that I already know I will add to my class blog to help out my parents with figuring out this "new" method instead of the "oldschool" method we all learned back in the day. ;)

Kate DiCamillo is one of my favorite authors and I love reading aloud her books to my students and discussing her writing, so I wanted to find a video about her that I could share with my students, and was really quite surprised at how "real" she was! She spent a big chunk of time "talking" about being a writer but not actually writing. I found her interview pretty interesting, but it was pretty dry to share with students. It might be effective for older students, but not for by beginning writers. My favorite part of her interview was the importance for teachers and parents to READ ALOUD to their students! Awesome~




I love that I was able to answer my question of how to put a podcast on my blog with the following video on podcasting in blogger, and it only took two videos to find the one to help me.



I am a Louisiana native, and I love singing the state song, You Are My Sunshine, with my daughter, so I chose this as my nostalgic video. :)

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I had never seen that lattice multiplication. I learned something new; good job with your videos.

    ReplyDelete