Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thing #19

Voicethreads

Well I have definitely found my answer to adding the audio to my blog that I was hoping I could do. I originally thought I would do podcasts, but I know that I am also a visual learner, and appreciate the added visual of the voicethreads that podcasts don't offer. I loved the voice thread of the students measuring volume! I can't wait to assign a photographer during lessons for students to document their learning and share it on our class blog. How great to use as a tool of assessment for understanding. This would be such a motivator for so many students. The teacher who used the voicethread for his bellringer assignment was also pretty cool. I can see how voicethreads could be used for students who need extra assistance reading text. They can just pull up the voicethread of the assignment. So many students would love to be the recorder for the class! Voicethreads can also be created for "how-tos" for solving math problems or for students to explain their illustrations from their science or math journals.

On a personal note, I can't wait to use voicethreads for adding audio to my daughter's pictures on my personal blog. How fun for her to "hear" the story behind each photograph. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment