Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thing #20

Google Docs

For some reason this was one of the most difficult "things" for me to complete, not because it was hard, but because I could not think of an application for it as I was working on it! I have decided to create a presentation for my parents of their grandkids that my sister and I can both work on together but from separate states. I think that was why I was stumped. I was trying to fit in the collaborative piece of the puzzle. Initially when I was exploring through the templates, I immediately thought of a grade level calendar that can be created and shared among my team. I also love the thought of many of my students being able to peer edit their compositions on the laptops. (If only each student had a laptop at all times!) We do a writing assignment in the beginning of the year calling writing roulette where each student adds to an ongoing story, and I can see how it would be so much fun to do on the laptops. I also will try to use this tool for communicating ideas with my peers in stead of having a million emails floating around of everyone's responses. Another idea I have is for my students to publish their compositions in Google Docs as an easy way for me to provide feedback and a quick and easy way for them to peer edit.

1 comment:

  1. Google Docs is such a great collaborative tool. I think we will begin seeing them used more and more in our district.

    ReplyDelete